Position Title: Programme Manager – Europe (m/f/d)
Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Two years, with the possibility of extension
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is an international, not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to political participation and democratic governance around the world. DRI headquarters is located in Berlin (HQ); DRI has country offices in Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Lebanon, and Ukraine and works with local partners in a number of other countries. The working language is English.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Programme Manager for its Headquarters in Berlin. In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Director of Programmes, you will lead on the implementation of DRI programmes in the respective region, identify and assess opportunities for DRI, establish relations with donors and other actors to ensure sustainable funding and provide analysis and recommendations on the situation in different countries of the region as well as regional issues.
- Leading on strategy development in the region, monitoring political developments and assessing opportunities for DRI;
- Leading on the development and implementation of all project activities in line with donor regulations, including trainings, workshops, and publications;
- Liaising with donors and stakeholders and ensuring continued funding for DRI programmes, including the development of concept notes and project proposals;
- Ensuring compliance with donor and DRI policies and regulations;
- Ensuring and overseeing the development of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) systems for the projects in the region;
- Representing DRI at events;
- Overseeing and conducting research and analysis on developments in the region and in thematic areas relevant to DRI.
- Preparing analyses, briefing papers and publications;
- Line-managing DRI HQ regional team, project teams, staff members and interns. Line-managing Country Directors and ensuring their implementation of projects in the region according to DRI standards;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, public administration, development, law or a related field;
- At least eight years of relevant/progressive professional experience managing projects related to democracy development, governance or related fields, citizen participation, human rights, preferably in an international NGO;
- Proven experience in managing projects funded by a variety of donors, including the European Commission;
- Strong coordination skills with the ability to effectively coordinate among several partners and offices;
- Knowledge of international democracy standards and human rights conventions;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Excellent managerial skills, with a strong administrative track record, including proven leadership and staff/financial management;
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of regional languages is an asset.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, 30 days of annual leave, travel health insurance, vocational training for every employee, and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) here.
This position is subject to funding. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 29 March 2020 at 23:59 CET. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10