Form of Employment: Internship, full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Three months
Location: Berlin / Remote Deskwork in Home Office
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting an intern for its Berlin headquarters to support across departments with a specific focus on the implementation of SharePoint, administration and Human Resources.
- Assisting in the migration and organisation of data in SharePoint;
- Maintaining project files, databases and other resources;
- Supporting all teams in organizational and administrative matters;
- Supporting preparation of presentations, factsheets, and other relevant documents for the Programme Unit;
- Conducting research on relevant topics;
- Providing expert procurement support;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
- Assisting in creating contracts for our local staff in country offices;
- Assisting in creating other relevant employee documents;
- Providing staff recruitment support (including job ad publication, research of relevant pages, applicant screening, applicant communication, interview coordination);
- Other relevant duties as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Academic background or completed apprenticeship in business informatics, business administration, management, human resources or other related fields;
- Excellent IT skills and proficiency in main computer applications;
- Work experience in an office setting, ideally for an NGO;
- Strong affinity to digitalisation;
- Empathy, sensitivity and discretion;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Student status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
- Initial experience with SharePoint and/or Word Press, knowledge of procurement regulations and initial experience with procurement processes.
What We Offer:
- DRI offers you a full-time internship, starting as soon as possible, latest in February for a duration of three months.
- A monthly internship allowance of 400 € will be provided, unless you already receive funding from another source, such as from Erasmus.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
- Remote desk work in Home Office, with presence in our Berlin office, if and when possible (due to a lifting of Corona restrictions).
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) here. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2021. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.