“TERMS OF REFERENCE”
“Support to Electoral Processes and Democracy in Myanmar” Project
“Myanmar Vision 2030: Supporting Voices for Pluralism” Project
Senior Social Media Expert – Sri Lanka
Form of Employment: Short consultancy contract
Position Location: Yangon or Nay Pyi Taw
Reporting to: DRI Country Representative Myanmar
Contract Period: 4 fee days max, estimated dates 15-18 December 2019. Travel days will not be paid but travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
As part of STEP Democracy, a project implemented by a consortium of 9 national and local organisations and working with the Union Election Commission (UEC), political parties and civil society organisations (CSOs), campaigning in social media will be monitored together with a local partner CSO.
To support its efforts under both projects, DRI is recruiting a Senior Social Media Expert to share about the role of social media in Sri Lanka’s presidential elections held on the 16th of November 2019. The expert will participate in the panel discussion with mixed audience, provide presentations, participate in the discussions and share expertise in roundtables and panel events in Yangon/Nay Pyi Taw.
- Prepare and deliver a presentation on the role of social media in Sri Lanka’s recent presidential elections.
- As a panelist participate in roundtables and panel events with mixed audiences, share expertise on social media in elections.
- Other relevant duties, as required.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in electoral assistance, social media monitoring and democratic reforms; experience in Myanmar will be considered an asset;
- At least 2 years of experience in social media monitoring using open source or private social listening tools;
- Relevant publications on the influence of social media in Sri Lanka politics.
DRI values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people from diverse backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply!
Deadline for applications is 7 December 2019. Shortlisted candidates may be contacted before the deadline.
Candidates should submit a CV and a Cover Letter to [email protected] with ‘Senior Social Media Expert Sri Lanka’ in the subject line.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300 – Fax +49 30 27877300-10