Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible or 5 January 2020
Duration: Three months, with the possibility of extension
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Senior Project Development and Fundraising Officer for its Country Office in Pakistan. In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Country Representative, you will provide project development and oversee fundraising and delivery.
- Designs project proposals with the Country Representative that meet the prescribed guidelines of donors.
- Identify funding opportunity for the organisation that is relevant to organisational key mandate area of implementation.
- Identifies and facilitate opportunities for relationship building with key donors and stakeholders particularly in DRI’s area of project implementation.
- Contribute/Develop fundraising documents such as Expression of Interest, Proposals and Concept Notes by considering DRI’s country and global strategy and donor requirements.
- Ensure to work with the DRI Pakistan team to obtain relevant, technically sound proposals.
- Ensure the capability and professional knowledge to follow all donor requirement during proposal preparation.
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree in social sciences, public administration, development, or other relevant fields.
- 8 or more years of professional experience developing and/ or implementing projects related to democracy development, governance or human rights, preferably in an international NGO;
- Proven experience in having worked on projects funded by a variety of international donors,
- Knowledge of international democracy standards, democratic governance and human rights issues.
- Excellent writing, reasoning and analytical skills
- IT skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you flexible working hours, health insurance, training options, and the opportunity to work as part of a diverse team.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) to [email protected]. Please include “Senior Project Development and Fundraising Officer” in the subject line and refer to the source where you have found this opportunity. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 31 December 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Elbestr. 28 / 29
12045 Berlin, Germany