STEP2 Democracy – Support to Electoral Processes and Democracy in Myanmar Phase II
Form of Employment: Short-Term consultancy
Position Location: Online
Reporting lines: Country Representative Myanmar
Contract Period: June-November initial contract for maximum of 25 fee-days each consultant, with the possibility of extension
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
As part of the EU funded programme “STEP Democracy Phase II”, DRI will design and implement a series of trainings on the legal framework for elections in Myanmar, mostly targeting civil society organisations working on election reforms, inclusiveness and election observation as well as members of political parties. DRI is also discussing technical and financial assistance to a coalition of Myanmar CSO to implement a domestic election observation mission for the upcoming general elections.
Objective and Role
The two election advisors will work with DRI team and a team of Myanmar experts to deliver project activities in support of domestic election observers.
- Coordinate a team two Myanmar election experts and work with these experts and DRI team to develop a curriculum of 7 online modules on the framework for Myanmar elections, adapting DRIs internal resources on international standards for elections and supporting local experts in the development of Myanmar-specific training materials
- Work with one civil society partner in developing and implementing their own election observation mission, including:
- Provide advice on project strategy and description
- Support the development of election observation methodology
- Design LTO and STO trainings
- Support in the development of LTO and STO Manual
- Support the development of observation mission report, including data and legal analysis
Home-based, online work
- 10 years of experience in electoral assistance or election observation;
- Professional experience in work with civil society organisations, ideally domestic election observer support;
- Demonstrated knowledge of international standards for elections;
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings, in particular interactive adult training facilitation;
- experience in online trainings will be considered an asset;
- Expertise with Myanmar elections and election laws, including constitutional law and administrative regulation will be considered an asset;
The two Senior Advisors will be contracted for June-December 2020, for an initial duration of 25 days each, with the possibility of extension at project partner request. Specific task order will be developed for each assignment, with timelines to be agreed with each consultant, in line with project needs and consultant availability.
DRI values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications is 17th June.
Candidates should submit a CV to [email protected] with ‘Senior Election Advisors (Myanmar)’ in the subject line.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10