Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible (subject to funding)
Duration: One year, with the possibility of extension
Location: Beirut with travels within Lebanon
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Research & Field Coordinator for its Country Office in Lebanon. Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, you will:
- Prepare, organise, and report on all research outputs and project activities, such as events, workshops, trainings, regional consultations, and publications;
- Lead the implementation of activities and events in Akkar and other regions, incl. documentation review, concept development, and outreach to DRI partners, donors and relevant stakeholders (civil society, public officials, academia and media actors);
- Identify capacity building needs of stakeholders through bilateral meetings and other events;
- Conduct research, desk reviews and liaise with external experts and consultants to draft, co-develop, review, and finalise all research and policy outputs particularly on topics of inclusive service delivery and local governance;
- Act as the focal point for local partners in Akkar and other regions;
- Support monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and Gender & Diversity mainstreaming efforts in line with DRI’s internal policies;
- Coordinate closely with the Legal Research Officer in the development of policy research;
- Coordinate closely with the Communications Coordinator in the development and implementation of communications content, outreach and advocacy activities.
Your Skills and Experience:
- University Degree in social sciences, political science, public administration, development studies, public policy, law or a related field;
- At least 3–5 years of experience in project or research coordination involving fieldwork and liaising with a diverse spectrum of stakeholders;
- Familiarity with the following thematic areas is a strong asset: local governance, anti-corruption, solid waste management, citizen participation, gender equality, local economic development;
- Outstanding attention to detail and a strong sense of thoroughness, accuracy, and consistency;
- Strong coordination skills with the ability to effectively coordinate with high-level stakeholders, expert consultants, and project partners;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic; French is an asset.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you flexible working hours, travel and health insurance, training options, and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application here, consisting of:
- Cover Letter
- Publication record or relevant writing samples
This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 17 May 2021. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
12045 Berlin, Germany