Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: This position is subject to the availability of funding
Duration: One year, with the possibility of extension
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Project Officer for its Country Office in Pakistan. We are in search of a driven and responsible Project Officer with the ability to lead on tasks independently and deliver them in time while maintaining high quality. Strong awareness of the democratic development sector and ability to fit into DRI’s culture of delivery, excellence and teamwork. In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Project Manager and Senior Project Officer, you will provide administrative and project delivery support.
- Work as a strong consistent performer to prepare, deliver and monitor the provision of technical and administrative assistance.
- Provision of support to project consultants in planning and preparation of events including briefings, consultations, etc. This will include but will not be limited to preparation of agendas, invitation letters, arranging meetings, sending out invitations, following up with participants for confirmations and minute-taking.
- Contribution to the preparation of project reports, contacts database, coordination with various project stakeholders.
- Organize public discussions, and other events for parliamentarians and civil society organizations, capacity building workshops, trainings, and briefings or meetings with key policymakers, civil society organizations and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate implementation of the project activities with provincial coordinators.
- Contribute to project publications and expert briefings by conducting research on political-legal developments in Pakistan and editing texts.
- Support short-term experts and other team members by conducting background research in the fields of local governance, democratic standards and civic and institutional reforms.
- Provide administrative support in the organization of expert visits including arranging for accommodation and travel.
- Assist in project monitoring, including tracking project outputs and the preparation of monthly implementation reports.
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in any social science field preferably political science and /or humanities or any related field, (Master’s degree an advantage).
- At least three years of working experience with NGO/INGO ideally inside democracy sector.
- Experience of engaging/working with public institutions and politicians.
- Extensive experience in organizing events, workshops and meetings.
- Familiarity with concepts and developments related to civil society in the country.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and MS Office applications.
- Strong administrative track record.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you flexible working hours, travel health insurance, training options, and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to [email protected]. Please include “Project Officer” in the subject line and refer to the source where you have found this opportunity. This position is subject to funding. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 23 June 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10