Deadline extended: 15 August (midnight)
Position Title: Project/Office Assistant (full-time)
Position Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Contract Period: 18 months
Start Date: as soon as possible
Brief description of programme: Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI has been present in Ukraine since September 2014. Together with the Institute of International Relations of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, DRI has worked with major Ukrainian civic initiatives to provide systematic monitoring and reporting on the key political reforms. The aims of the project are to provide Ukrainian and international public with regular first-hand reports and analyses of ongoing political reforms, feeding international standards and comparative practice into the reform discussions, and to build capacities of regional and local civil society groups, youth organisations and students for monitoring, analysis and advocacy for reforms.
We are currently looking for an Project/Office Assistant to support our team and office in Kyiv.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer, the Assistant will:
- Support the team in routine matters in relation to administration and financial activities of the project as well as the DRI Kyiv office;
- Update the relevant project related financial reports with transactions and activities on a daily basis;
- Check the accuracy of financial documents forwarded for payments in line with the DRI financial, administrative, procurement, travel and security policies;
- Prepare vouchers, reconciliation of monthly project advance settlements, scanning of financial documentations etc.; archiving of the documents;
- Process payments in the absence and upon authorisation of the supervisor as well as support the vendors / suppliers in creating strong documentation for DRI;
- Contribute to procurement of project items, office supplies, consumables and other maintenance activities as the need arises to ensure the delivery of project activities
- Provide the logistical and administrative support to the project team with travel arrangements including visa and tickets, hotel reservations, communication kits, etc.
- Act as the main focal point for the administration of the office including tasks such as inventory management, asset management, facility repairs and maintenance and logistics.
- Education in finance, trade, administration; university degree is an asset.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a role as finance/executive/office assistant or similar role.
- Previous experience in working for a non-for-profit organisation or representative office of a foreign company is an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Advanced IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian (spoken and written); good knowledge of English.
Closing date for applications: 15 August 2018 (midnight CET).
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their applications (cover letter, CV and three contacts for references) in one pdf file to [email protected] including ‘Project / Office Assistant – Ukraine’ in the subject line.
Due to the number of applications DRI typically receives, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants may be contacted before the deadline.