Position Title: MEL Consultant for Final Project Evaluation (Lebanon)
Form of Employment: Short-term consultancy
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Duration: One Month, maximum 8 days
Location: Home based with possible field visits to Beirut /Lebanon
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
With support from the German Federal Foreign Office, DRI in the framework of its Lebanon
DRI is currently recruiting a Short-Term MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) Consultant to design and conduct a Final Project Evaluation of its project implemented by its Country Office in Beirut, Lebanon. The assignment can be conducted in Lebanon or remotely.
Key purpose of the assignment:
The final project evaluation’s purpose is to document learning, gauge effectiveness of DRI’s programming approach and activity implementationIn particular, the final project evaluation will: (1) focus on assessing the project’s performance against its main objectives (impact/outcome/output evaluation), and (2) review and evaluate how the project was implemented (process evaluation).
The Consultant will be required to assess the project against OECD-DAC criteria of relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability and to gender and diversity DRI Lebanon will provide the consultant the relevant project documents for desk based review and facilitate online or offline interviews with local stakeholders including beneficiaries and local partners and for primary data collection.
Under the supervision of DRI’s Country Representative and in close coordination with other team members and DRI HQ’s MEL Focal Point:
- Evaluate the extent to which the project has met its expected results as per the project’s logframe, including most significant changes
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the project and provide recommendations regarding areas for improvement for a potential continuation of the project
- Assess the extent and modes of gender and diversity in the project activities and how they were affected by the project. Including providing recommendations as to how to improve outcomes and inclusion.
- Draft a methodology that provides the basis for your final evaluation of DRI’s project
- Draft evaluation report– a maximum of 30 pages excluding the annexes should be submitted within a maximum of 4 weeks;
- Final evaluation report– a finalized report should be submitted within a maximum of as of receiving DRI’s comments on the first draft
- Presentation of report and discussion with DRI staff.
- University degree in political or social science, international development, or other relevant fields;
- At least 5 years of work experience as a MEL consultant in the international development sector and/or policy related field;
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating programmes, including feedback on M&E frameworks, processes, and tools, and providing lessons learned;
- Understanding of challenges of doing MEL in democracy support programming is an asset;
- Proficient IT skills, able to create templates in word and excel;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team and under pressure;
- Experience working on projects based in Lebanon is a strong asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
- Updated CV
- Technical and financial proposal
- Contact details of two professional references
Please include “Project Evaluation Consultant – “Lebanon” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 4th December 2019, 12pm local time (Beirut). The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.