Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: 01 July 2021
Duration: Until 31 December 2021, with the possibility of extension
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Project & Digital Media Officer for its country office in Lebanon to support the communications team in increasing content creation and audience engagement with DRI’s work. Under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator, you will:
- Manage DRI Lebanon’s social media tools and lead on content creation across DRI Lebanon’s digital communications, incl. preparing and implementing an integrated boosting and advertising budget/plan across the different projects;
- Support the implementation and further development of DRI’s communications, strategy, and tools, including DRI’s social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, other social media tools);
- Support DRI’s reporting on activities and knowledge products in the form of news and feature stories.
- Support the Implementation of social media and digital communication campaigns and strategies.
- Provide engaging text, image, and video content for all social media accounts
- Monitor, track, and report on feedback and online reviews.
- Support the development of media relations (writing press materials and kits, drafting and editing commentary pieces, in English and Arabic, developing and maintaining contacts with Lebanon-based and regional media professionals);
- Create and develop cohesive visual materials that align with creative direction and branding identity, including infographics, infographics videos, videos as well as draft and edit scripts for videos (animation videos, short documentary films), animations and visualisations (graphs, icons, charts etc);
- Support the knowledge management of DRI’s media outputs for Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) purposes, e.g. success stories, photos, videos, events, press releases, updated stakeholders list, DRI mailing list;
Project Management Support (20%)
- Support the preparation, implementation and follow-up of online and offline project activities including support to concept notes, agenda, invitation letters, participant lists, evaluation materials, and general administrative tasks;
- Contribute to internal and donor reporting through writing and researching for weekly, monthly, and narrative reports;
- Support quality control, including copywriting and proofreading of print and online outputs;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree in communications, media studies, digital marketing, graphic design, or related field
- 3 years of experience in digital communications, copywriting and editing, and ability to write engaging media content for a variety of audiences Proficiency in visual design, video production and video editing, website and social media platforms management, particularly using Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, Web, and graphics design (such as Photoshop and illustrator), in addition to editing videos using Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Creativity and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Knowledge of governance, democracy standards and international human rights conventions is a strong asset.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you flexible working hours, travel health insurance, training options, and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 7 June 2021. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Elbestr. 28 / 29
12045 Berlin, Germany