Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Until 31 December 2021, with the possibility of extension
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Project & Digital Media Officer for its country office in Lebanon to support the communications team in translating policy research (statistics, facts, reports and interviews) into original and eye-caching visuals (videos, audio, infographics) to amplify audience engagement with DRI’s work.
Under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator and in close coordination with the DRI team, you will be responsible for the following:
Content Creation (60%)
• Create visual materials that align with the creative direction and branding identity of DRI (visuals including infographics, 2D animated short videos, video interviews, and awareness/informative posts);
• Create engaging text, image, and video content for all social media platforms;
• Support the development of media relations (writing press materials and kits, drafting and editing commentary pieces, in English and Arabic, maintaining contacts with Lebanon-based and regional media professionals and outlets);
• Manage DRI Lebanon’s social media platforms by leading and executing content creation across DRI Lebanon’s digital communications, incl. preparing and implementing an integrated boosting and advertising budget/plan across the different projects;
• Support the implementation and further development of DRI’s social media and digital communications, strategy, campaigns, and tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, other social media tools including podcast platforms);
• Support DRI’s reporting on activities and knowledge products in the form of news and feature stories;
• Monitor, track, and report on online reviews of DRI Lebanon’s social media platforms;
• Support the knowledge management of DRI’s media outputs for Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) purposes, e.g., success stories, photos, videos, events, press releases, updated stakeholders list, DRI mailing list;
Project Management Support (15%)
• Support the preparation, implementation and follow-up of online and offline project activities including support to concept notes, agenda, invitation letters, participant lists, evaluation materials, and general administrative tasks;
• Contribute to internal and donor reporting through writing and researching for weekly, monthly, and narrative reports;
• Support quality control, including copywriting and proofreading of print and online outputs;
• Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree in Digital Arts, Graphic Design, Multimedia, Visual Communication, Audiovisual Arts, or equivalent;
- 3 years of experience in content creation, graphic design, branding/corporate identity, typography, 2D animation, videography, video editing;
- Experience in digital marketing and social media, web design, and social media platforms management (Facebook Ads and business management, Google Ads);
- Ability to write engaging media content for a variety of audiences;
- Experience using Adobe Creative suite (specifically Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop);
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Google Analytics;
- Creativity, with a keen eye for detail;
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Knowledge of governance, democracy standards and international human rights conventions;
- Experience using Adobe InDesign;
- Copywriting skills.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you flexible working hours, travel health insurance, training options, and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 1 August 2021. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Elbestr. 28 / 29
12045 Berlin, Germany