Position: Programme Finance Coordinator (f/m/d)
Type of employment: full-time (40 hrs/week)
Start date: as soon as possible
Contract: limited to two years, with the possibility of a contract extension
Location: Berlin – Kreuzberg
* Die deutsche Version finden Sie weiter unten
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is an international, non-for-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to political participation and democratic governance around the world. DRI headquarters is located in Berlin (HQ), DRI has country offices in Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Lebanon and Ukraine and works with local partners in a number of other countries. The working language is English.
We are seeking a fully qualified Programme Finance Coordinator to join our Finance team, which provides day-to-day financial support and advice to DRI’s country offices and within HQ. In this role you are expected to work in close collaboration with finance staff in the country offices and the Programme Unit team in HQ to deliver financial information to DRI and/or donors. You are part of the Project Finance Team and report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- First contact point within HQ for all financial issues for the assigned projects;
- Responsible for direct finance management of the assigned projects in close collaboration with Finance Managers of the country offices and Programme Coordinators of HQ;
- Budget drafting during proposal phase;
- Preparation of the budget follow-up, forecast and cash flow;
- Request for payments/Invoices;
- Budget addenda;
- Preparation of expenditure verifications/audits, interim and final reporting to donors;
- Check the asset management documentation;
- Management of partners and subgrantees;
- Communication with the finance staff in the country office and the Programme Unit team, the donor and/or consortium leaders and partners regarding financial issues;
- Ensures compliance with DRI’s policies and procedures, donors’ rules and regulations and communicates relevant changes to the country offices and within HQ;
- Support the country offices with set-up, internal management, closure regarding financial and administrative issues;
- Support in recruitment and induction of new finance team members in country offices;
- Act as focal point on technical and thematic issues as assigned.
Your skills and experience:
- University degree in an appropriate subject (business, finance, economics, or accounting);
- Minimum 4 years of financial and/or accounting, auditing experience within the NGO sector;
- Experience with finance management of projects funded by international donors;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff; sensitive to cultural differences when working with people from other cultures; strong ability and willingness to transfer knowledge and build capacities of teams in country office;
- Advanced IT skills, in-depth knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel;
- Very good English language skills, additional languages (especially German) are an advantage.
We offer you:
- A self-reliant and challenging activity in an international, non-profit organisation;
- A professional work-environment with flat hierarchies and short decision paths;
- Collaboration with a highly motivated, international and dedicated team;
- A full-time position (40 hrs) initially limited to two years in Berlin-Kreuzberg with the possibility of extension;
- Training opportunities;
- Flexible working hours;
- 30 days of annual vacation.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) including your salary expectations to [email protected]. Please include “Programme Finance Coordinator” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 15 September 2019. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged. As long as you find the vacancy on our website we have not filled the position.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10