Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting an intern (m/f) for its Berlin headquarters to support DRI’s work in Headquarters. You will support the Executive Team in the areas of project management and administration.
- Support the Director of Programmes in managing DRI’s global projects and service contracts;
- Support the Executive Team in fundraising for and developments of new projects;
- Support the Executive Team in researching for and drafting of internal policies;
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications we require:
- Academic background in law, political science, other social sciences or related fields;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills; further languages are a strong asset;
- Proficiency in main computer applications, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet;
- Initial experience in project cycle management and research is an asset;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Student status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student)
The internship is full time, starting 15 January 2017 for a duration of three months.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Moreover, DRI offers you an internship with flexible working hours and working in a multicultural team in the heart of Berlin.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to [email protected]. Please include “Intern_ET_Jan2017” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity.
The deadline for applications is 01 January 2017. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.