Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: One year, with the possibility of extension
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Human Resources & Administration Assistant for its Headquarters in Berlin. In collaboration with, and under the supervision of, the Director of HR & Administration, you will assist in the daily business and continual development of the HR & Administration team.
- Providing recruitment support (including job ad publication, applicant screening, applicant communication, interview coordination);
- Assisting in the area of personnel management and HR processes (such as the coordination of onboardings and trainings)
- Managing HR data using our HCM system;
- Conducting research on HR & administrative topics;
- Supporting the management and further development of SharePoint in the HR and Admin area;
- Supporting the general office management (such as updating legal documents and managing insurances)
- Supporting all teams in organizational and administrative matters;
- Creation and management of checklists, presentations, documents and training materials;
- Helping to organize and implement events;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Academic background or completed apprenticeship in human resources, business administration, or other management related fields;
- Excellent IT skills and proficiency in main computer applications;
- Work experience in an office setting, ideally for an NGO;
- Interest in the field of human resource management;
- High flexibility and organizational skills;
- Empathy, sensitivity and discretion;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team;
- Excellent written and spoken English, good German language skills required.
- Initial experience of working in HR is an asset;
- Initial experience in the use of digital tools (HCM system, SharePoint) is an asset.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, 30 days of annual leave, a contribution to public transport (company ticket with BVG), a health ticket (Gesundheitsticket Plus) to be applied towards health and wellness activities of your choosing, travel health insurance, vocational training for every employee, and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 28 March. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.