Position Title: Graphic Designer/ Expert Illustrator (Pakistan)
Starting Date: April 2020 onwards
Duration: Deliverable based for the entire year of 2020
Location: Home-based/remote; possibly working one day/week at the DRI Islamabad office
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a nonpartisan, independent, not-for-profit international organization registered in Berlin, Germany, which promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
With support from the German Federal Foreign Office (GMFA), DRI Pakistan is currently implementing a project entitled “Consolidating Democratic Stability in Pakistan”. The objective of the project is to strengthen local constituencies, both on the governmental and non-governmental side, to consolidate the democratic transition process in Pakistan, specifically with a view to human rights protection and effective, decentralised governance.
DRI is seeking the services of Graphic Designer/ Expert Illustrator to facilitate us with our social media campaign on local governance and human rights.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Graphic Designer/ Expert Illustrator will work under the supervision of DRI’s Country Representative and in close coordination with DRI’s Communications Associate as per the following tasks:
- Making infographic posters from the Briefing Papers and other publications being produced by DRI – these posters will also include creative data visualization;
- Designing the informational material for the organization including newsletters, one or two-pagers for events, brochures etc.;
- Assisting with the visualization and drafting of the human centric news stories produced by the organization;
- Provide technical input to improve the social media strategy and implementation of the campaign;
- Suggesting creative designing for the PR merchandises such as calendars, notebooks etc. to reach out to a wider audience;
- Provide any additional support, if necessary.
- University degree in communications/graphic designing/illustration/data visualization;
- At least 5 years of experience of producing communications products and delivering social media campaigns for the development sector ideally on topics related to local governance and human rights; s
- Excellent graphic designing, illustration, and data visualization skills;
- Should be willing to share a sample of the products s/he has developed ideally with reputable NGOs/INGOs/donors/UN system or the government.
- Proficiency and fluency in both English and Urdu languages (the materials will be in both languages). The selected firm/team of individuals may be requested to produce materials in other major regional languages as well.
Duration and Location:
The Graphic Designer/ Expert Illustrator will primarily work remotely however, it is possible that they are asked to work one day a week with the DRI team in Islamabad for review and approval of the content.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, portfolio, and financial proposal) to [email protected]. Please include “Graphic Designer/ Expert Illustrator (Pakistan)” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 08 April 2020.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10