Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: One year, with the possibility of extension
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Finance and Administration Officer for its Country Office Libya (in Tunis). In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, you will support the Finance and Administration Unit of the DRI Libya office.
- Support in logistics of events and office needs, including obtaining quotes, liaising with vendors, and finalising agreements in coordination with the Procurement and Logistics Officer;
- Review incoming invoices, process payments (cash and bank) and prepare all accounting records, including invoices, bank account reconciliation, cash management;
- Prepare the monthly financial reports to HQ and support with the budget monitoring;
- Provide general office support to help ensure the smooth functioning of the programme team of DRI Libya.
- Maintain a human resources and payroll system, as well as an electronic and physical filing system for administrative and financial records;
- Support with the implementation and further development of all administrative policies, procedures and templates;
- Support with assessment, training and financial guidance to subgrantees and project partners;
- Support with tracking of all subgrant agreements regarding deadlines and further requirements;
- Conduct second review of the subgrantees and project partners’ financial reports;
- Support the preparation of documents for donor and external audit missions;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent degree;
- Minimum four years of experience in administration and financial management; with demonstrated experience (at least one year) of working in a similar role for not-for-profit organisations;
- Excellent IT-skills, especially proficient knowledge of Excel;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English, French and Arabic.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you flexible working hours, travel health insurance, training options, and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to [email protected]. Please include “FAO Libya (Tunis)” in the subject line and refer to the source where you have found this opportunity. This position is subject to funding. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Candidates must be Libyan Citizens or hold a valid local work permit at the time of application. No relocation fees apply.
Closing date for applications: 4 August 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10