Form of Employment: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Limited to one year, with the possibility of extension
- Monitor internal financial reports;
- Assist in reconciliation of bookkeeping records;
- Update project budgets with expenditure;
- Participate in the preparation of donor financial reports;
- Support with processing invoices and running payments;
- Assist with the monthly review of open accounts payables;
- Maintain financial files and other resources;
- Support with the provision of documents and information for project audits;
- Provide financial management advice to our country offices;
- Support with the implementation of the ERP system Microsoft Business Central;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience
- Academic background in finances, accounting, business administration or other finance related fields;
- Excellent IT skills and proficiency in main computer applications, especially Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Business Central is a plus;
- Work experience in an office setting;
- Initial experience of working on grant management is an asset;
- Good knowledge of German legal accounting standards;
- Strong attention to detail, diligence and reliability;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German, knowledge of French and/or Arabic is an asset.
What We Offer
DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, 30 days of annual leave, a contribution to public transport (company ticket with BVG), a health ticket to be applied towards health and wellness activities of your choosing, travel health insurance, vocational training for every employee, and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, 15 July. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Elbestr. 28 / 29
12045 Berlin, Germany
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is an international, not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to political participation and democratic governance around the world. DRI headquarters (HQ) is located in Berlin; DRI has country offices in Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Libya, Lebanon, and Ukraine and works with local partners in a number of other countries. The working language is English.