Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Three Months
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is recruiting a Communications & Outreach Intern for its Berlin headquarters to support our communications and outreach efforts, with a focus on the organisation’s messaging and digital presence.
- Working under the supervision of DRI’s Communications Coordinator and in close collaboration with DRI’s Fundraising Focal Point, you will assist the communications section with communication and public outreach efforts across the organisation;
- Assist in drafting and reviewing programmatic factsheets and capacity statements based on information provided by colleagues, support the effective usage of communication products to inform donors about DRI’s strategies and work;
- Assist in developing design, multimedia products, change stories and content for digital platforms including the DRI website, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn;
- Support donor cultivation and retention, including the development and implementation of strategies for engaging donors;
- Assist with monitoring media to determine trends and to inform communications and outreach efforts;
- Proactively contribute ideas for projects and stories that will help to promote communications and build narrative on DRI’s work;
- Perform other related tasks as required.
Your skills and experience
- Ongoing studies in political science, international affairs, social sciences, design, journalism, communications or related fields;
- Demonstrated relevant work experience;
- Proficiency in key computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Diligence, eye for detail, pro-active attitude and strong willingness to learn and engage with different stakeholders in an international environment;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Student status; you must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
- Familiarity with design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, or with infographic-making tools. Experience working with website Content Management Systems such as WordPress or Drupal;
- Experience writing content that was subsequently published;
- Previous experience working with an NGO or non-profit organisation.
What we offer
- DRI offers you a full-time internship, starting as soon as possible for a duration of three months.
- A monthly internship allowance of 400 € will be provided, unless you already receive funding from another source, such as from Erasmus.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
- Remote desk work in Home Office, with presence in our Berlin office, if and when possible (due to a lifting of Corona restrictions).
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 4 July. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy: