Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: This position is subject to the availability of funding
Duration: One year, with the possibility of extension
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Project Manager/Democratic Governance Expert for its Country Office in Pakistan.
We are in search of an experienced Project Manager/Democratic Expert with strong managerial and leadership experience and with the ability to fit in to DRI’s culture of delivery, excellence and teamwork. The candidate should have served in the democratic governance sector in Pakistan and should bring to the table strong content knowledge, delivery experience and contacts and professional relationships in key institutions.
In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Country Representative, you will provide technical knowledge and provide managerial oversight.
- Strategy and Risk Management: Leading on developing and implementing project’s strategy, monitoring political developments and assessing and managing project risks.
- Project Delivery Responsibility: Leading on the development and implementation of all project activities in line with donor regulations, including trainings, workshops, and publications.
- Line-managing the project team and ensuring their implementation of the project according to DFID and DRI standards.
- Donor and stakeholder relationship management: Liaising with donors and stakeholders, developing successful partnerships and management of expectations.
- Establish and maintain contacts with parliamentary interlocutors such as Members of the National Assembly and the Senate, and Members of the Provincial Assembly as well as the standing committees and secretariat staff at the national and provincial levels.
- Compliance and Report writing: Ensuring compliance with donor and DRI policies and regulations and strong understanding of meeting donor requirements.
- Ensuring the development and implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) systems for the project including timely data collection for projects improvements as well as reporting as per donors’ expectations.
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, public administration, development, or a related field.
- At least eight to ten years of relevant/progressive professional experience managing projects related to democratic development, governance or related fields, citizen participation, human rights, preferably in an international NGOs/Projects.
- Proven experience in managing projects funded by a variety of donors, including DFID.
- Strong coordination skills with the ability to effectively coordinate among several partners and offices.
- Broad knowledge of governance, democracy standards, parliamentary strengthening institutional development, civic spaces and political economy of democracy related projects.
- Excellent managerial skills, with a strong administrative track record, including proven leadership and staff/financial management.
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you flexible working hours, travel health insurance, training options, and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to [email protected]rting.org. Please include “Project Manager/Democratic Governance Expert” in the subject line and refer to the source where you have found this opportunity. This position is subject to funding. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 23 June 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10