Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: 04 January 2021
Duration: One year, with the possibility of extension
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Finance and Administration Officer for its Country Office Lebanon (in Beirut). In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, you will support the Finance and Administration Unit of the DRI Lebanon office.
The Finance and Administration Officer will support DRI in finance, administration, procurement, and human resources, especially with the following tasks:
- Review incoming invoices, process payments (cash and bank) and prepare all accounting records, including invoices, petty cash management
- Support with field payments and advance payments.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and scans for financial documentation
- Maintain an electronic and physical filing system for administrative and financial records in Lebanon
- Supports the Finance and Administration Manager in the implementation of financial software including data entry and update the accounting System
- Support in recruitment process with long- and short-listing and the onboarding process and keep an overview on necessary insurances documentation
- Coordinate with the Procurement and Logistics Coordinator on matters related to inventory assets, update procurement overview. Prepare procurement documents/contracts
- Support with the implementation and further development of all administrative policies, procedures, and templates
- Support with the communication and preparation of documents for financial and administrative external stakeholders (bank, lawyers, state authorities regarding office registration in Lebanon)
- Support with assessment, training, and financial guidance to subgrantees and project partners
- Support with the preparation of documents for donor and external audit missions
- Perform any other related duties, which may be assigned
- Other relevant duties, as required
Your Skills and Experience
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration or equivalent degree
- At least 3 years of experience in administration and financial management, with demonstrated experience (at least one year) of working in similar role for not-for-profit organisations
- Excellent IT Skills- especially knowledge of Excel
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic
- Knowledge in Lebanese law, taxes and National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
- Creativity and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Good communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
What We Offer
DRI offers you flexible working hours, travel health insurance, training options, and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here.
Closing date for applications: 20 December 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
12045 Berlin, Germany